Emails are the most common form of communication, and millions of individuals use them to communicate on a personal and professional basis. Outlook is one of the greatest email clients available, and it is currently rank second in the email category. Because Outlook is a desktop-based email client, its functionality is somewhat complicated. It is significantly reliant on a variety of files, such as OST and PST, which distinguishes it from other users. The OST file is an offline storage file created by Outlook by default. It allows users to continue working even if the exchange server is unavailable. It then syncs the data with the online mail server. OST files can become corrupted and unavailable for a variety of reasons. As a result, converting OST to PST for essential to safeguard data.
Why is it Necessary to Convert OST to PST?
Converting OST to PST format to recover deleted data might be a difficult operation at times.
- Users’ mailboxes get distant due to an Exchange Server crash. You can work with an OST file offline, but you won’t be able to synchronize it with the Exchange Server. If you need to access your mailbox right away to make certain adjustments, you’ll need to convert your OST file to PST format.
- When moving from one company to another, a Perfect Solution OST to PST converter is required.
- If you’ve mistakenly destroyed important information from your mailbox, the only way to get it back is to convert the OST file to PST format.
Users may be prompted to have an OST to PST dialogue due to file corruption. Users’ only and best choice is to convert OST to PST using a third-party professional solution. Microsoft, on the other hand, supplies Scanost.exe, an inbuilt application that aids in data recovery. However, it is insufficiently powerful in the face of heinous corruption.
Top Three Manual way of Converting OST to PST File
With the Archive Option Conversion
It is an Outlook function that allows you to migrate data from an OST file to a PST file. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Outlook app on your phone or tablet.
- In Outlook, open the OST file. To open an OST file, make sure User Offline Folders are turned on.
- Navigate to File and then to Info from the menu bar.
- Select Archive from the Cleanup Tools menu.
- Select the option ‘Archive this folder and all subfolders in the Archive window that appears.
- Choose any of the folders you want to relocate from the inbox, such as Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items.
- Then, from the pin-down menu, select ‘Archive items older than’ and select the period range for which you want to export the items, which could be weeks or months ago.
- After you’ve chosen a date, click the browse button.
- Select a location to save the new PST file.
- Tap OK after you’ve given it a name. This is where the archived items will be moved.
- To begin the process, click the OK button.
- The files and folders will be moved to the archive PST (Personal Storage Table).
- The PST format is used to save the OST data.
Data from an OST File is Exported to a New PST File.
The Outlook Export/ Import tool can be used to move files from one email to another in a variety of ways.
- Open your device’s MS Outlook email.
- Select File, Open, and Import from the drop-down menu.
- When the Import/Export box appears, pick ‘Export to a file and then click Next.
- Select ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’ from the next window and press the next button.
- You’ll be prompted to export the OST file, after which you’ll be able to choose the folder you want to relocate.
- Select the ‘Include Subfolders’ checkbox and then click Next.
- Now, go to Browse and create a new PST file, then select it.
- To begin the export process, click Finish.
- The OST data will be transferred to a new PST file.
Another option is to drag and drop files and folders into a new PST; however, this approach does not work for default folders like Inbox, Drafts, and Sent-Items, therefore users normally avoid it because it is a time-consuming operation.
Using Professional Software
The manual process of converting an OST file to a PST file can only be completed in the presence of the real Outlook profile that generated the OST file. If you don’t have access to the original profile, the procedure above might not work. In this instance, customers will find that using a third-party OST to PST converter is a prudent and quick solution. OST to PST Converter is the best online tool for converting OST to PST. The converter provides consumers with a variety of high-tech and high-quality features at a reasonable price. It scans inaccessible OST files quickly and securely and saves OST data in a variety of formats, including PST, EML, MSG, TXT, RTF, and MHTML. It has a free Demo version, which makes it worthwhile to use.
Related page: blogs